Q. What is the expiration date of the miso paste?
- Once opened, we recommend keeping refrigerated for 6 months. If longer than 6 months, the color of the miso paste may change, but it has no effect on taste.
Q. Is the miso paste pasteurized?
- No, our miso is not pasteurized, it is a natural living food.
Q. What is the best way to preserve the miso paste? Can it be kept in the freezer?
- Yes, we suggest to keep the miso paste either in the refrigerator or in the freezer.
Q. How long is the fermentation of the SWISSMISO paste?
- White miso: 6 - 7 months
- Red miso: 10 months
Q. What types of miso paste does SWISSMISO produce and sell?
- White miso
- Red miso
- Barley miso
Q. What are the white dots on the surface of the miso paste?
- White dots may appear on the surface of miso paste due to oxidation and yeast growth. It is a common occurrence on fermented food. It is not toxic, but you may want to scrape it off before consuming.
Q. Why does the color of miso paste get darker?
- As time goes by, miso paste color becomes darker. Our miso paste is non-pasteurized, it keeps fermenting at room temperature. There is no effect on the quality of the miso paste.
Q. What is the expiration date of miso-truffe?
- We suggest consuming it within about 1 week, otherwise you can keep them in the freezer.
Q. I selected "PICKUP" although shipping fee has been added, why?
- If you choose to pickup your order and the shipping fee has been added to the order summary, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shipping & Delivery :
Q. How long does it take for delivery from the time I place an order?
- Normally it takes about a week. However, it may take two weeks if there are many other orders in our system, or the fermentation of our miso paste needs more time, SWISSMISO is an artisanal producer, not an industrial mass production. We are currently limited in volume.
Q. When will “sold out” products be available for purchase again?
- It depends on the type of miso paste. Please email us at email@example.com, we will be happy to let you know.
Q. I own a shop and would like to sell SWISSMISO products, is this possible?
- It would be a pleasure for us to work with you! Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.