Sunny miso pie
2 x round puff pastries
3 Tbsp white miso
3 Tbsp red miso
1 Tbsp white sugar
1 Tbsp brown cane sugar
2 tsp black sesame seeds
2 tsp white sesame seeds
1. Put the puff pastry in the freezer for 15-20 minutes while preparing the other ingredients. Preheat oven to 200° C.
2. Separate the egg yolk from the egg white. Divide the egg yolk into 2 parts in different bowls.
3. Mix half of the egg yolk with white miso and white sugar.
4. Mix the other half of egg yolk with red miso and brown sugar.
5. Place one pastry dough on a baking tray. Using a spoon, spread the white miso on one half of the puff pastry and the red miso on the other half. Leave 1-2 cm from the edges.
6. Sprinkle the black sesame seeds on the white miso side, and the white sesame on the red miso side.
7. Place the second puff pastry on top. Set a small glass upside down in the middle. Using a sharp knife, make 4 cuts away from the glass to get 1/4 pieces. Cut these 1/4 pieces in half to get 1/8 pieces. Cut the 1/8 pieces in half to get 1/16 pieces. Finally, cut the 1/16 pieces in half to get 1/32 pieces.
8. Remove the glass. Carefully twist each strip 5-6 times and press end piece lightly onto the baking tray with your thumb.
9. Brush beaten egg white on top of the pastry. Sprinkle with the remaining sesame seeds.
10. Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes until evenly brown and crisp.
Cucumber boats ( for 2 cucumber boats )
1 Tbsp white miso
2 large cucumbers
50g smoked trout filet
75g cream quark (DE: Rahmquark, FR: le séré à la crème)
pinch of grated lemon peel
Topping: radishes, dill trout roe
1. Blend smoked trout and miso with a mixer to a smooth paste.
2. Put in cream quark, lemon peel and pepper. Fill into piping bag and set aside in the refrigerator.
3. Cut cucumbers lengthwise. With a small spoon, remove part of the seeds to create a hollow shape.
4. Pipe miso trout mousse on cucumber halves.
5. Decorate with radish slices, dill and trout roe.
Miso Energy Balls ( 6 balls )
1 Tbsp white miso
1 Tbsp peanut butter
4 Tbsp oats (finely cut kind)
3 big, soft medjool dates (alternatively 4 small dates soaked in warm warter for 10 minutes)
Optional: peanuts and dates for decoration
🥣 Mix all ingredients in a food processor or mixer. Form six balls and decorated with date pieces and peanuts. Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.
-Perfect after a workout to gain back salt and energy 🏃🏻♀️💦
-Nice to eat during the afternoon coffee break ☕
-A healthy treat for kids 👩👧👦
-Can make a nice gift 🎁 .
Red miso salad dressing rouge ( about 300ml )
4 Tbsp red miso paste
4 Tbsp rape seed oil
4 Tbsp apple vinegar
2 Tbsp Birnel (pear syrup)
1 garlic clove, finely grated
2 Tbsp water
🥣 Mix everything together. Add more water if taste is too strong. Can be prepared and stored in the fridge. Goes well with chopped salad in a jar to bring to work or picnic.